I have not been doing this blogging thing very long and WOW it’s really been like studying a whole new career. I have spent these past 5 mo studying a few hours nightly from the experts out there. What I have learned so far is;
1. I am not technical, BUT I can be taught. I laugh at this statement now because this was huge fear of mine that actually held me back from pursuing this sooner. I may be slower than some, take more notes, ask more questions… but I’m HERE... I’m doing it!!!
2. Accountability to myself-What I mean by this is, I have finally reached that threshold where I’m writing for myself. We all have accountability to our family, loved ones, jobs, children and such. This is a deeper sense of being accountable to our creative selves and how we put out in there in the world..
3. Networking- You are immediately adopted by a village. This village is amazing! With diverse backgrounds, overflowing kindness, fantastic advice, with the support you need. This village only works if you are an active participatipate, you must also be giver not just a taker.
4. Blogging does not get easier if you blog consistently, this is a job. You are doing research on what your next topic is, new technology, networking, brands, marketing etc
5. This is FUN– I truly am enjoying this new world. I am seeing a side of myself I have never discovered before. This is a wonderful outlet, to release creativity and stress in a world where we have so much chaos going on.
I will end this post by stating I have made some great connections. When you try something new and completely out of your comfort zone it’s so comforting to have people in your corner that you know you can count on.Thank you friends!!!!