I had this really ugly black file cabinet that I got from an office that was getting rid of their old office items. It was scratched up, and had no personality. It definitely needed some sass applied to it.
- First thing I had to do was get this beast outside. I had to clean it inside and out!
- I had some black chalk paint that I had left over from another project that I decided to use. I taped everything off and painted away.
- I applied 2 coats of black chalk. I let it dry over night
- I decided to use colorful duct tape to bring the sass. You can purchase many different patterns and colors. I found it at my local craft store for $5.99 a roll. I really liked the black and white look.
- I applied the duct tape as so.
The duct tape was so easy to use, I don’t have to stress if I want to change the look. You can just take it off and apply a different pattern. It went on straight with no mess. I love chalk paint, so I can jot down easy reminders with out the hassle of more paper. Lets take a look at the before and after side by side. This project only took me 2 evenings after work. I swear it took me longer to sort out the files that were in the cabinet!